When you want a cabinet maker in Minneapolis MN, call on S A Woodwork. Since 2000 we’ve offered everything from custom cabinets and wood finishing, to trim work and installation. We have the years of experience necessary to handle the job in an efficient and reliable manner. We take pride in the work we do. For kitchen cabinets in Leander TX, call on S A Woodwork. Video Rating: / 5
A couple of Las Vegas makers meet up, I get interviewed by Charlie Kocourek about my Japanese woodworking tools, a flashback to the 70s with my new safety glasses. This weeks useful stuff is over 150 free Sketup diagrams from the Editors at Popular Woodworking.
Braxton Wirthlin – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9I3Vn0EtNbds4HXuOwaHcg
Charlie Kocourek [Jack Bench Woodworks] – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCubmDA1WBemTA_2xQhT_xrQ
Bill Livolsi – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqoh9H91TFBifFbxQrKllQg
Popular Woodworking Sketchup Warehouse – https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/user.html?id=0516717658416816535730450
Original post on our site with additional information, details & comments: http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com/videos/are-you-a-maker-or-a-woodworker/
Welcome to the first in a new series of live shows called TWW Live! The latest news, reviews, and your projects and questions.
– Last Month’s Winners: Janet B. (Festool CT36 Vac and ETS150 Sander) and Brian R. (3M Safety Bundle)
– This Month’s Giveaway, Enter Now: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D4NPPO6/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00D4NPPO6&linkCode=as2&tag=thewoodwhispe-20&linkId=YPCBBL22PNEOU6WD
Arbortech Mini Grinder: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00455R1HG/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00455R1HG&linkCode=as2&tag=thewoodwhispe-20&linkId=2KKANKIQXQU5XGTO
Fuji Mini-Mite3 Turbine HVLP: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D4NPPO6/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00D4NPPO6&linkCode=as2&tag=thewoodwhispe-20&linkId=YPCBBL22PNEOU6WD
– The Great Bessey/Lowes Feeding Frenzy of 2014: Ryan Royal gets the “no-prize.” He picked up 32 worth of clamps for just 0!
– Anna’s Hope Chest by Steve Boudreau: http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com/viewer-projects/annas-hope-chest
– Submit Your Project: http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com/contact/submit-your-project
– Chuck Hampton wonders if we need another video series that shows projects and answers questions.
– Chris is trying to decide if he’s a Maker or a Woodworker, after reading this Nerdist article: http://www.nerdist.com/2014/06/mythbusters-adam-savage-has-made-it-cool-to-be-creative-again
– Ashley has some insightful thoughts about what makes a Maker a Maker.
In Case you Missed It
– Bill Doran – Leatherman Pouch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbJHpnEeekU
– Adam Savage – Why We Make: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_otrgJ8Lmx4
– Check out the new SENCO FinishPro 21LXP 21 gauge brad nailer: http://www.senco.com/ToolDetails.aspx?c=1&k=8M0001N
– Woodworks Season V: http://www.djmarks.com/product-category/seasons
In the Shop
– A beautiful jewelry box collaboration project with Gary Rogowski.
– Bending forms for the Morris Chair.
– WatchingDragon – “How do you cut wood for a wooden tankard with only hand tools?”
– Jonathan – “When burning wood scraps, are there any types that are dangerous?”
– Eric – “Suggestions for a good cheap readily-available wood for a beginning woodworker?
– Matt – “Have you ever had the problem that you spend the majority of time building things for the shop?”
– JC – “Any suggestions for finishes for children’s toys?”
Tune in to the next show on Wednesday, July 2nd at 1pm Eastern!
The Wood Whisperer is education and entertainment for the modern woodworker! Find more at http://thewoodwhisperer.com & don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thewoodwhisperer
Connect with us!
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/woodwhisperer
Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/thewoodwhisperer
Pin us on Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/woodwhisperer/
Learn more about our premium project videos at http://thewoodwhispererguild.com
I was commissioned to make a name cake topper. I gave the client a few fonts to pick from. I then printed off the template name and used spray adhesive to hold it on a 1/4 in board. On to the scroll saw to cut out the name.
I hope you enjoy this make video.
Join us on Facebook
A review by Nick Gibbs editor of British Woodworking magazine on a DVD documentary by Jeremy Broun called Alan Peters – the Makers’ Maker’. First uploaded in 2010 this version replaces the original with new background music and an e-book update. Mentioned in the review are people who speak in the DVD documentary including John Makepeace, Gary Olson, Robert Ingham, Toby Winteringham, David Savage and Johnny Hawkes,
There is a growing community of woodworkers with their own specialist YouTube channels, some of whom make their living from doing what they love, sharing projects and ideas with viewers. One of the woodworking YouTubers is April Wilkerson Triton Brand Champion for the USA who also provides valuable feedback on product development. April is the first to admit that she is relatively new to woodworking but with a passion for making and a determination to learn and share her knowledge she has gained a committed following for her YouTube channel.
Triton Tools caught up with April at her workshop in Texas, USA, to find out more about how she has turned her woodworking hobby into a successful YouTube channel that is now her full-time job.